a condition of membership, all TIA members are required
to sign a strict, national Code of Ethics. The Ethics
Committee of TIA arbitrates and ensures that members adhere
to the Code of Ethics. These articles have been adopted
by the Transportation Intermediaries Association to promote
and maintain high standards of professional service and
ethical business conduct among its members.
1. A member shall deal fairly with customers,
colleagues, fellow members, and the general public.
2. A member shall conduct his or her
professional life in accordance with the interests of
TIA, the third party transportation services industry,
and the general transportation public.
3. A member shall adhere to honesty and
integrity and to generally accepted principles of professional
4. A member shall not engage in any practice,
which tends to corrupt the integrity of TIA, the third
party transportation services industry, or process of
5. A member shall make proper, just,
and prompt payment for all contractual obligations.
6. A member shall abide by all lawful
agreements to which he or she is a party, including all
agreements with shippers, carriers, and other transportation
7. A member shall compete vigorously
- but not unfairly - with other members.
8. If a member has evidence that another
member has been guilty of unethical, illegal, or unfair
practices, including those in violation of this Code,
the member shall present information promptly to TIA.